Sunday, April 08, 2007

"How's work at the BFC?" - "Oh, I'm managing..."

Eric here. That's right, folks, I have reached the soaring heights of restaurant middle management! So far it has been a good experience learning the ins and outs of making schedules, setting up a usable training format, and being the general tough-as-nails, no excuses, grizzled authoritarian that you all know me to be. Seriously, I do hope to be a positive influence on the place, and hope to help bring the Blind Faith employees and their morale up to the standards it has set for itself long ago. My own schedule is more consistent and set (which is good for making plans more than a week in advance) and the pay is as good as can be expected from a medium-sized, labor-intensive, mostly organic, vegetarian (all of which equal "expensive operation") restaurant. Also, I get to wear normal clothes.

This week, I have been invited by Dr. Larry Murphy to film a preaching conference up at Garrett and to do some basic editing to make it classroom usable. It will be my first project!

I am also looking forward to spending time with my side of the family today for an Easter dinner celebration--I am thankful for family in such close proximity, even if I don't see them as much as I should...

On a more somber note, my thoughts and prayers are with Mira's family as her cousin and her husband deal with the loss of their newborn child. Mira traveled to Cleveland to attend the funeral and offer her support and will be returning today. As we celebrate the Resurrection, let us remember those who are experiencing loss this Easter season.

No comments: