Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Turn in the road


Hello friends. Mira here. Goose and I wanted to let you know about a big change coming up for us. I have been appointed to a half-time pastoral position at a small United Methodist Church in Chicago called Lincoln. It is a bilingual congregation in the heart of Pilsen, a predominantly Latino neighborhood southwest of downtown. Because I am a lay person (not ordained), I will have a supervising pastor from another church who will meet with me regularly, but I will be the pastor at Lincoln, which is exciting, scary, and wonderful all at once. Pilsen is an amazing neighborhood with lots of cultural events, great food and music, and an artist community, among other things. The church is about 5 blocks away from the Institute for Latino Progress, where I worked up until a few months ago.

Eric will leave his job at the Blind Faith Cafe at the end of the month because we will be moving across the city to the church's parsonage (the house for the pastor that happens to be right next to the church) and because he is ready to move on to a position in media. A recent beefing-up of our computer's hard drive and the purchase of some new film-related toys has enabled him to work on some new projects, which is very exciting.

We will keep you updated as we take steps on this new leg of the journey.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Congrats on the exciting new adventures! I think you'll do wonderfully @ Lincoln Mira.

We should all definitely get together soon!

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome, Mira! Congrats! I know you'll do great!