Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Invitation to partnership and to my new blog!

La Travesia de Mira = Mira's Crossing

From May 18th to June 2nd, I will be traveling with a group through Oaxaca, in southern Mexico, and Altar, on the US-Mexico border, to explore the root causes of northward migration that so many Mexicans (and Central and South Americans) have undertaken. Through conversations with farmers, activists, families and sojourners, we hope to better understand why so many are leaving home and how these migrations impact families and communities.

We will also walk for six days through the desert in solidarity with the thousands who have lost their lives attempting to cross and the countless others who make the dangerous trek seeking a better life.

Please check out my new blog for more information about my trip and to find out how you can partner with me in this work. You can participate by offering prayer, providing financial support, further educating yourself about globalization and migration, or signing up to receive updates and reflections.

Blessings,
Mira

1 comment:

rose said...

Wow Mira! What inspired you to do this? Is it going to be dangerous? Geez I hope not! I think you are really awesome for focusing on helping other people. It really takes a selfless person to do that, and I am very proud to be your sister! Love ya! Rose