Sunday, October 29, 2006

yea for b-days

I've had one of the best birthdays ever! My mom was here for the weekend and we got to not only join her for an open house at the Pacific School of Oriental Medicine yesterday (she is interested in the acupuncture program there) but we also enjoyed entering the Ikea timewarp again--though we couldn't think of anything we really needed when we went in, we ended up with a new dresser, some baskets and trays to organize, and some anti-slip rug thingamajigs.

And of course, we ate lots! From Sweet Tomatoes' neverending salad bar to Megan and Barrett's fondue party (which featured both the cheese and chocolate varieties of dipping goodness) to halloweeny snacks at church ("black" punch with ice "hands" floating in it, plus creamy, Oreoy "mud"!) we did not go hungry. Today was a beautiful day--a lot like the day I was born, my mom says, though a bit cooler--and after my mom left, Eric and I took a long walk by the lake and enjoyed the swirling leaves. Then we met Lewis and Andy for dinner at this newish italian restaurant right in our neighborhood and had a fabulous time!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that my mom practiced some of her new acupuncture skills (learned in India) on us this afternoon. We had never had needles in our ears before, but it was surprisingly relaxing.

Such a great, laid back day with some of my favorite people, though lots of favorite people are too far away to celebrate in person :( It was so nice, though, to get phone calls and messages from y'all! Thinking of and connecting with so many people that I love reminds me how thankful I am for life and the chance to share it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Mira, It was a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday weekend! One wonderful meal to the next!
Now - it's back to the old grind - and trying to fit into my work pants!
Thanks for being the daughter you are. It's wonderful spending time with you and Eric - being engulfed in the love you share with each other.
I'm so happy you will be able to spend time with Eric's folks next weekend. Go easy on the chocolate though! Love, mom