Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter Sky

Today was cold! The "feels like" temperature this morning was minus 6 degrees! But it was such a beautiful day! There was a patch of blue when we woke up, but the clouds took over and the flurries began. Soon the sparse flakes became an honest-to-goodness snowfall, with folks piling on the train and shaking the accumulation of fluff off their shoulders and bags. And then this evening, the sun came out and turned the sky a faded purple color I hadn't seen for so long! This picture just couldn't capture the lovely light and the roaring whitcaps on the lake, but it was so cozy in the apartment I just couldn't bring myself to go outside. But I could hear the waves from where I stood.


Amazingly, Eric rode his bike to work today. And he is on his way home as I write, no doubt excited to come inside and open the hot seitan quesadilla's he's bringing home!

No comments: