Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mealin' and dealin'

We made a peach raspberry pie on Saturday and Mark (ice cream in hand!) joined us for the tasting. Mark, displaying his full belly, is either very happy or in pain:



Eating was followed by a couple of rousing rounds of Yahtzee.

C'mon lucky fives!


Monday was our first turn to host Community Meal and we spent much of the day in preparation, as only those without proper jobs are able to. The cheese and spinach lasagne as found in the (highly recommended by us) Zen Monastery Cookbook was the best entree Eric has made to date. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!


This was also our first time using our dining room table for dining. We've had it for 2 1/2 months, so it's still pretty new--ha. We also used some fancy paper napkins that we received as part of a wedding gift. Definitely a special occasion!

Goose, Susan, Julie, Mark and Juliana:



Another exciting event of the week was going downtown to the ginormous Harold Washington Library. We got five movies and eight books all together. I am so into this autobiographical piece by Luis Alberto Urrea (my new favorite author) that I read while walking to the Y this morning until I started to experience a bit of motion sickness from the blur of sidewalk and brick around me. I love when something grabs me like that!

1 comment:

JB said...

Hey guys - sounds like all is well - its always nice to see what you ar eup to - I just wanted to comment on your "c'mon fives" picture - thats amazing! How many shots did you take? And how long till you noticed how perfect that was? I'm totally impressed.