Saturday, June 07, 2008

On the town

On the way to a show last night, we stopped by the Long Room for a bit and got to see Jason, brother Scott's long-time friend. Jason is a co-owner and only there every other week, so we were lucky to catch him. He approached us from the other end of the room (which is actually pretty long) and said, "I'd recognize a Conklin head from a mile away."

You Chicagoans may recognize Jason from Chicago Magazine's special on the city's 20 most eligible single people of 2007. Here's his profile and a classic from his photo shoot--pretty great.

From the Long Room we headed to Uncommon Ground where we, at long last, saw Ryanhood in concert--they were so great! Abby's husband, on the left, is the Ryan-half of the duo.


Lewis met us there and I was also so excited to see Jessie, one of my roommates at Albion, who is living in Chicago this year while she finishes her Doctorate in Psychology. Abby, Ryan, Lewis, Jessie, Gooseman, me:



It was fun to see Abby and Ryan again after less than a week! Last Sunday, they hosted some folks from my Mexico delegation/Migrant Trail Walk after we finished our walk in Tucson. It was so great to see where they live while not on tour!


On a side note, we've also been enjoying Pop's Malt Shop, a new establishment that just opened up a block from our house. They have dangerously good Moose Tracks! The cone they gave me was so huge that I had to give it to Eric to finish. He did not complain.


A few days later, while Goose was at camp, I invited Trent and Jeanne to visit Pop's with me :) I'm definitely going to take advantage of our proximity to good ice cream while I still can!

No comments: