Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Camping in the Redwoods

I did a long solo drive (around 8 hours!) down I-5 last week to meet brother Justin, Lil, Lil's mom, and my mom, who had flown out from Michigan for a visit! After mom spent a few days with Justin and Lil in Chico, they all met me in the Redwoods for a few days of wonderful camping.

We spent one night at Patricks Point, right on the coast. Gorgeous. We hiked down to some tidepools in the morning and discovered seals, sea anemones, clams, and a rubber boot!


At Patricks Point:

We drove about an hour north to Jedediah Smith State Park--also gorgeous. On a pre-dinner hike, we wandered through an amazing grove of Redwoods. These pictures do not come close to capturing their size and beauty.




Oh, man. Cheese tortellini, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, and marinara sauce with shredded cheese melted over the top. We licked our plates after this one. Every single one of us did.

The next day, my mom and I headed north and Justin, Lil and Judy drove back to Chico.

No comments: