Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall already?

We've hardly seen Mat and Leah since they've gone back to school (both are teachers), so it was especially nice for me to join them and Freya for a run and dinner Friday evening. We roasted hot dogs and not dogs over their new backyard fire pit, consumed huge amounts of corn on the cob and watermelon, and Freya experienced rice cereal for the first time. The judges are still out...

That same evening, Eric had Ian, Jon, and Bobby over to our place for a poker night. I was amazed that they were still playing...long after I got home and got into my jammies.

Mondays are our day off together, but I had an appointment related to my job with the adoption agency in The Dalles, so Eric joined me for the trip through the Gorge. We left early enough to have lunch and walk around in Hood River beforehand, which was nice. I can definitely imaging living in Hood River someday. Between the Columbia River and Mt. Hood, there are tons of outdoor activities and lots of cool stores, breweries, wineries and coffee shops. And it was a gorgeous day to be wandering.


Tomorrow I leave for the Redwood National Forest, where I'll meet brother Justin, Lil, Lil's mom and my mom, who will then drive up the coast with me after a couple of days of camping. Eric will be staying behind to work, which is too bad, but I'm looking forward to some time with my mom on our journey north. The drive down will be the longest road trip I will have taken by myself--about seven hours!

No comments: