Monday, August 15, 2011

Sixish weeks


Augustine is happy and healthy and growing like it's his job. He still loves to be in his papa's arms.

At his six-week appointment, our final at the birth center, Auggie weighed in at 12 pounds, 4 ounces, and maybe 21 inches. He happily demonstrated his skills for the midwives, generously burping, farting and pooping, and generally being sweet.

It was our last appointment with our midwives, and we will greatly miss seeing them regularly. Caroline was at a birth and not present, but here are Stephanie and Cassie with the chunker and me.

The Cornelius church women had a wonderful shower for us and enjoyed passing Auggie around. So far, he loves being in a crowd. Fitting for a preacher's kid, I suppose.

At our Sunday evening group, Auggie is often the center of attention.


A variation of the "same bear, same chair" monthly photos that I've loved seeing on the blogs of friends. It took me until week six to take this one, though, so we'll see if I can keep it up!

These cute legwarmers were a handmade gift from our friend, Abby. I love them! She sells some of her goods here. Talented, indeed.

And this guy was a gift from Eric's aunt Nancy and uncle Dave. He is almost exactly the same size as Auggie right now, with a bit more hair.

We've been busy with visits from friends and are off tomorrow to Spokane to visit Eric's family. More pictures very soon, I hope!

2 comments:

Abby Green said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :)

C y R said...

I sure love seeing all these great photos. Thanks