Wednesday, August 02, 2006

R & R Get Married!

Yay!!



Hi! This is Mira. My younger sister, Rose, married Robert on Saturday here in Holland, Michigan and it was a fabulous occasion! The ceremony was at a park and the day was hot hot hot, but it was a beautiful service and there was a bit of a breeze, so I hardly even noticed the heat (I don't think the guys who wore tuxes would say the same). It was so wonderful to see lots of family members and Rose's friends and of course to celebrate Rose's and Robert's marriage! Eric and I came into town on Wednesday (after only 5 days in our new apartment!) and visited with my parents for about 5 minutes before my mom whipped out the to-do list. We were certainly busy for the next few days helping with last-minute tasks. It was fun to be a part of my mom's wedding dream-team--she and her friends from her investment club planned and executed so much of the event, from the food to the decorations to the flowers to the ceremony music to the punch. Wow! The night before, I helped with the flowers by wrapping special tape and ribbons around the stems of the bouquets and the boutonnieres. I also enjoyed making signs and a donation jar for an organization that Rose and Robert made a gift to in honor of each guest. The organization is called G.L.A.D.--Great Lakes Assistance Dogs--and they train seizure alert dogs like Brewski, my nephew Justin's dog. Brewski is still in the obedience training stage, but if all goes well, he will learn to identify the chemical changes that happens when Justin is about to have a seizure and alert his parents. This will greatly help the whole family manage his epilepsy.

Well, here are a few more pics from the big day:

Some of us got ready at Angie's (Angie, on the right, was Rose's maid of honor).

My dad walked Rose down the grassy aisle.


Ok, I have more pictures but they don't want to be uploaded right now. Stay tuned!

No comments: