Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lions Run Walk for Sight

Our friend, Mike, is a member of the Lions Club in Forest Grove and invited us to participate in a 5k. It was good motivation to buy new running shoes and start running again. I've enjoyed getting out of the gym and enjoying the scenery.

Here we are before starting the race--Mike, Mat, Leah and me. Eric skipped the run because he is playing in a golf scramble today, but he was the cheerleader and photographer!


And we're off! You can see me on the right, about to wave at Eric.


Leah and I didn't start off to quickly, so we got to enjoy passing lots of folks (instead of being passed). Ok, so some of those we passed were walkers who had started earlier, but still...

Here are Mat and Mike coming into the finish line. They each got second place in their age groups--and cute little ribbons!

Leah and I approaching the finish. I think I thought I was smiling here.


After the race, we enjoyed the works in progress at the Forest Grove Chalk Art Festival and then had lunch at a delicious new mediterranean place. Falafel and hummus...mmm....

No comments: