Sunday, September 28, 2008

Loving life

We had a lovely, lovely visit with good folks in Prosser, Washington yesterday, where Eric's camp friend, Jenny, got married. I forgot the camera, so we got a disposable one, so.... I'll have some pictures to share in three weeks or so :) It was so good to see the Moore family, who Eric worked for/with for years at Camp Twinlow in North Idaho and who are like family.

One of the best parts of the past weeks, though, has been doing all the ordinary stuff of life together. Last Monday, we spent tons of time elbow-to-elbow in the kitchen, singing, talking and cooking. Well, Eric was cooking. I was chopping fruit for the dehydrator and then chopping veggies for him, then just holding my glass of wine and talking.


He made the most amazing thing I've eaten in a long time--a coconut curry with tofu, veggies and rice noodles. It is making my mouth water just thinking about it again...

We've also enjoyed some grocery shopping, a couple of trips to the Goodwill for board games and random items, riding bikes to the gym, cleaning the house and driving lots (8 1/2 hours yesterday!). Not only was this weekend's weather perfect for driving, but the timing was good--we listened to Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on the way out of Portland. And when we lost signal, we put in some good sing-along music. And of course, we just love talking with each other. I am so thankful for the time we've been able to spend together these weeks.

2 comments:

Abby Green said...

We love Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me too!! :)

Mira said...

Hi guys,

We are also Eric and Mira and we are a couple from Texas. I googled "Eric and Mira" today and I found your blog, so I decided to stop by and say hello.

We are getting married this year...

Best wishes to you,

Mira

ericandmira@ gmail.com