Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An embarrassment of riches

My step-dad, Jim, uses this phrase when we seem to be having an overabundance of good things happening and it has been popping into my head lately. You may remember my post about a pair of Chaco's that wandered into my life, but things got even more amazing after that! Just a few days after that post, my friend Cessie, who visited a month ago, randomly sent me these in the mail:

Can you believe it?? Now I have not one, but two pairs of Chacos!!! And these two pairs of Chacos will come in handy when we are hanging around this place:

Yes, my friends. We leave tomorrow for Maui where we will spend the week playing on the beach, snorkling, hiking, reading, and just hanging out on the lanai (balcony) from which the above picture was taken. Just the two of us.

An embarrassment of riches indeed.

3 comments:

Abby Green said...

WOW!! I hope you guys have an amazing trip! Those chacos are super cute by the way...I like that they go inbetween your toes.

Katie said...

Enjoy your trip. I'm sure it's long over due! :)

Kayla Rupp said...

It is no crime to live it up every now and again:)