Friday, September 24, 2010

Farmers Market

Nearly every Wednesday evening, Eric and I head down the road to Forest Grove for the Adelante Mujeres Farmers Market. When I realized that we'll be missing the next two weeks while on vacation and will only have make more market day before it closes for the season, I started getting a bit sad and decided to take a few pictures of our market friends.

We always buy from Reyna and her husband (either Salvador or Santiago--eeks, I get mixed up!), who sell organic produce and who always teach us about traditional Mexican herbs and veggies that they have for sale. Reyna and her kids participated in our church's bilingual theater program earlier this year and it was great to reconnect with them at the market this summer!

Norma, who participated in the family camp I deaned this summer with her smiley kiddos, is one of the sweetest people I've met. And her tomatoes are incredible. I just ate a whole one with my lunch.

This picture is from a few weeks back, but Leah, Mat and Freya (with Leah's mom here) are more of our regular market friends.

One picture I failed to take is of Guadalupe and her husband, Noel, who bring their Restaurancito Acapulco to the market to sell their amazing pupusas. I couldn't grab my camera because, well, my hands were occupied by a plate with a giant bean and cheese pupusa (they were out of squash flower--darn), cabbage slaw-ish stuff and amazing green salsa. And we sat and ate and enjoyed the live music and talked until they shut the place down. I love that place.

No comments: