Thursday, January 06, 2011

Fun and games


Many hours during our post-kid-bedtime evenings together were spent playing games. These first pictures are from my new favorite game, Telestrations, a hilarious combination of pictionary and telephone. Each person gets a clue and draws it on a page in their erasable booklet, then all pass the drawings to the next person, who has to guess. That guess (not the previous picture or clue) is passed to the next person, who must draw it. I woke up the next morning with sore abs from laughing so hard and so long. The game is perfect for 8 people and I would highly recommend it.


About to play again in our hotel in Spokane:
Ann and Brody gave each other a Wii for Christmas and we had great fun trying out all their games. Archery was a bit hit and many of the boys loved the flight simulator. We also spent (too many) hours, playing team Trivial Pursuit on the Wii. Some were ready to crash once Emerson went to sleep on New Year's Eve, but we ended up in a marathon TP match and stayed up playing until 2:30 a.m.! Eric and I decided that, for next time, we'll have to brush up on our Asian cinema, which played a prominent role in the movie-related questions. Who knows why.
After everyone else headed home, Eric and I tried out Brody's new Pictionary Card Game with him and Ann, and the next night included a few rounds of Sequence, which I love.
Happy gamers:

2 comments:

April said...

We love games too! If you haven't played Ticket to Ride, I highly recommend it. It's great for just two folks too, which is harder find in a good game. I'm totally looking up Telestrations! Looks like a blast!

Abby Green said...

I love that you guys love games so much too! We've played Telestrations before, but never knew it by it's name...it's perfect!