Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Josh Ritter!

A few weeks back, Eric and I saw Josh Ritter in concert at the funky Crystal Ballroom, a McMenamins venue in Portland, and he was awesome!! I think the baby enjoyed the music, too, because I felt lots of movement during the show, like my own personal internal bass beat thumping away. It was especially exciting because I hadn't been feeling a lot of regular movement before that week.

I love his slower and acoustic stuff, like The Temptation of Adam and The Curse...





...but with the whole band there, the best stuff live is the lively stuff. My favorites at this show were Rattling Locks and To the Dogs or Whoever, which he closed with. And it was even faster than this version!






You can also listen to his whole new album on his website, which I think is pretty cool. Yeah, I like him. His music makes me happy.

No comments: