Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stuff I love: Public Libraries!

Isn't it amazing that we have these places we can go and just by showing someone a little card, we can take home as many books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines as we want--for free?! They say, "Just be sure you bring them back." Oh, ok. And we pretty much always do. I also love just wandering through the library and picking up things I never imagined I'd be interested in, but I find myself leafing through, totally absorbed. And if, amazingly, among the thousands of volumes there, they don't have exactly what I'm looking for, I can enter the title into the computer and request that someone drive the cute little library truck across town and bring it to me from another branch. Cause they always have it somewhere.

You can stay at the library all day if you want, wandering around or watching the ducks at the pond through the window or doing nothing or working away on your laptop or reading the newspaper. Their restrooms don't say "For customers only" and all you have to do is show that you're from around here to access it all! And at the Hillsboro Main Branch, the beautiful library pictured above where we've spent a few Saturdays recently, they have cheap but tasty coffee and donut holes at the cafe. How great is that?!

2 comments:

Abby Green said...

I soo agree with your love for public libraries! And I love your mental image of the little library truck driving requested items from branch to branch. :)

katie said...

I love the library!